By Steven B. Karch MD
Written within the related available demeanour as prior variations, the 5th version of Karch’s Pathology of Drug Abuse is an important consultant to the pathology, toxicology, and pharmacology of in most cases abused medicines. The e-book specializes in the research of drug-related deaths, functional methods to the detection of drug abuse, and discussions of scientific issues linked to all of the abused drugs.
The 5th version Now Features:
- Completely revised with countless numbers of pages of fully new coverage
- Extensive dialogue of recent man made cannabinoids and cathinone derivatives
- Expanded assurance of the sensible and molecular pharmacology of cocaine and myocardial remodeling
- Expanded dialogue of deaths on the topic of prescription medications
- Detailed feedback at the interpretation of postmortem drug measurements
- Many new excessive solution full-color photomicrographs
- Additional, beneficial new appendices on general reference values
Separate chapters are dedicated to cocaine, clearly taking place stimulants, man made stimulants, hallucinogens, narcotics, anabolic steroids, disassociative anesthetics, solvent abuse, and marijuana. The booklet additionally deals distinct details at the origins, historical past, and construction recommendations used to make a lot of those medicinal drugs. up-to-date, revised, and newly illustrated, Karch’s Pathology of Drug Abuse, 5th Edition is a must have reference for examine and perform regarding drug abuse.
Steven B. Karch additionally discusses the publication in a
video at the CRC Press YouTube channel.