By Yingzi (Eliza) Du
This ebook introduces readers to the fundamental thoughts, classical techniques, and the latest layout, improvement, and functions of biometrics. It additionally presents a glimpse of destiny designs and study instructions in biometrics. additionally, it discusses a few most up-to-date issues and matters during this zone. appropriate for a variety of readers, the booklet explains expert phrases in undeniable English. a few thoughts and designs mentioned are so new that advertisement structures in response to them won't arrive out there within the subsequent 10 to twenty years.
Read or Download Biometrics : from fiction to practice PDF
Similar systems analysis & design books
The appearance of agile methodologies and test-driven improvement has introduced software program trying out to the leading edge of program improvement. but in present day harried rush-to-market improvement setting, agencies needs to discover a tender stability among product unlock and product caliber. In severe trying out procedures, the writer distills wisdom won from two decades of checking out event into twelve serious methods.
Das vorliegende Werk vermittelt ein solides Fundament zum Verständnis der wesentlichen Prinzipien, Funktionsweisen und Architekturen von Echtzeitsystemen. Dabei werden zunächst die Grundlagen der Automation von technischen Prozessen mithilfe der Steuerungs- und Regelungstechnik behandelt. Anschließend werden elementare undefined- und Software-Architekturen sowie Kommunikationsmechanismen für Echtzeitsysteme beschrieben und Methoden der Echtzeitprogrammierung, der Echtzeitbetriebssysteme sowie der Echtzeit-Middleware fundiert dargestellt.
Service-Oriented purposes and Architectures (SOAs) have captured the curiosity of with a purpose to aid business-to-business interplay, and the SOA industry grew by means of $4. nine billion in 2005. SOAs and particularly service-oriented computing (SOC) symbolize a promising procedure within the improvement of adaptive allotted platforms.
Meant for strength managers, electric engineers, development managers, lighting fixtures designers, specialists, and different electric execs, this ebook offers a realistic description of significant lights controls forms and the way to use them. it is a complete step by step academic travel of lighting fixtures automation know-how and its sensible layout and alertness, with priceless dialogue concerning the function and merits of lighting fixtures controls, emphasizing the reaching of correct strength mark downs, in addition to help of occupant visible wishes and personal tastes.
- Modulated Coding for Intersymbol Interference Channels
- Quantitative Data Analysis with SPSS
- Advanced Reliability Modeling: Proceedings of the 2004 Asian International Workshop (AIWARM 2004), Hiroshima, Japan, 26 - 27 August 2004
- Avatars at work and play : collaboration and interaction in shared virtual environments
- Real-Time Database Systems: Architecture and Techniques
- Third Wave Project Management: A Handbook for Managing the Complex Information System for the 1990's
Additional resources for Biometrics : from fiction to practice
Chen, S. , and Jain, A. K. (1995) Adaptive ﬂow orientationbased feature extraction in ﬁngerprint images, Pattern Recognition 28(11), 1657–1672. 38. Ratha, N. , Chen, S. , and Jain, A. K. (1996) A real-time matching system for large ﬁngerprint databases, IEEE Transactions Pattern Analysis Machine Intelligence 18(8), 799–813. 39. Rerkrai, K. and Areekul, V. (2000) A new reference point for ﬁngerprint recognition, Proceedings of the International Conference Image Processing 2, 499–502. 40. Roddy, A.
Robinson  investigated high-dimensional statistical models using appearance-based strategies. He argued for regularized covariance estimation and introduces a new method suitable for appearance-based image processing. The reported method was demonstrated for face detection, where a maximum likelihood 03-Eliza-Yingzi-Du-c03 October 19, 2012 9:42 PSP Book - 9in x 6in 03-Eliza-Yingzi-Du-c03 Literature Review 37 classiﬁer trained with regularized covariances achieve discrimination and detection results comparable to those of complicated multimodal and nonlinear classiﬁers.
13. Hrechak, A. K. and Mchugh, J. A. (1990) Automated ﬁngerprint recognition using structural matching, Pattern Recognition 23(8), 893– 904. 14. Huang, C. , Liu, L. , and Hung, D. C. D. (2007) Fingerprint analysis and singular point detection, Pattern Recognition Letters 28(15), 1937– 1945. 15. , and Munk, A. (2008) Global models for the orientation ﬁeld of ﬁngerprints: An approach based on quadratic diﬀerentials. IEEE Transactions Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence 30, 1507–1519. October 19, 2012 10:20 PSP Book - 9in x 6in 26 Fingerprint Recognition 16.