By Sander van Vugt
Starting Ubuntu LTS Server management, moment version is the touchstone significant other e-book for a person imposing Ubuntu LTS Server. writer Sander van Vugt introduces the latest server variation of Ubuntu Linux, the preferred Linux distribution, to strength clients, approach directors, and programmers and demonstrates the ability and adaptability that the Hardy–Heron Ubuntu Server long-term aid variation bargains for small networks and company platforms alike.
This e-book covers:
* fitting and configuring Ubuntu to make sure safe installations
* digital Ubuntu
* complete community and internet providers administration
Read Online or Download Beginning Ubuntu LTS Server Administration: From Novice to Professional (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar linux books
Ubuntu Unleashed 2011 variation provides complicated assurance of the preferred Ubuntu distribution of Linux. home windows clients, Mac clients, and Linux fanatics were more and more turning to Ubuntu for a easy and easy-to-use Linux distribution that is still worthy to strength users.
This publication offers precise details on fitting, utilizing, and administering Ubuntu. you are going to organize a computing device or a server, info on Ubuntu’s easy-to-use computer and productiveness software program, and you'll find themes of curiosity to either informal and severe developers.
Ubuntu Unleashed 2011 version encompasses a diversity of assurance: From the software program you wish daily for productiveness and delight, to tips on how to configure your Linux laptop to run easily, to complex subject matters like structures management and software program improvement, and lots more and plenty extra.
Some books excel at aiding rookies take child steps. there's a few starting fabric in Ubuntu Unleashed 2011 variation. despite the fact that, this ebook is meant for an individual who desires to flow past the fundamentals of utilizing Ubuntu into the world of an intermediate or complex user.
* set up and configure Ubuntu
* Get your entire system’s units and peripherals up and operating
* Configure and customise your picture consumer interface
* deal with Linux providers and clients
* safe your laptop and your community from intruders
* Configure a firewall
* percentage documents with home windows clients utilizing Samba
* Get efficient with workplace instruments
* Use multimedia courses
* Play video games
* organize and run quite a few different types of servers
* research the fundamentals of numerous programming languages
* tips on how to write a software program software quick
* perform Ubuntu QA checking out
* music your process for optimum functionality
* discover ways to deal with and bring together the kernel and modules
Ubuntu 10. 10 on DVD
DVD contains the total Ubuntu 10. 10 distribution for Intel x86 desktops in addition to the whole OpenOffice. org place of work suite and thousands of extra courses and utilities.
buy this publication every time in 2011 and obtain a loose Ubuntu eleven. 04 improve package via mail (U. S. or Canada simply) after Ubuntu eleven. 04 is released.
See within again conceal for details.
Category: Operating Systems/Linux
Covers: Ubuntu 10. 10
User Level: Intermediate—Advanced
In case you use Linux on your daily paintings, this renowned pocket consultant is the best on-the-job reference. the second one version has improved from Fedora-only insurance to distro-neutral, with sensible details on a much broader variety of instructions asked by way of readers.
Linux Pocket advisor offers an equipped studying direction for Linux use, instead of Linux programming and process management. You’ll locate ideas for the main invaluable instructions, grouped through performance. For beginners who have to wake up to hurry on Linux use, and skilled clients who desire a concise and useful reference, this consultant offers quickly solutions.
This IBM Redbook will consultant approach architects and platforms engineers towards an realizing of cluster expertise according to the IBM 1350 Linux Cluster that mixes IBM xSeries rack-optimized servers working the Linux working process.
The ebook will exhibit readers find out how to use Alfresco s implementation of CMIS via a tutorial-based technique. It additionally has lots of examples to aid illustrate the strategies that you'll research. while you are a developer who desires to methods to construct functions that speak to content material administration servers in a typical manner utilizing CMIS, this publication is perfect for you.
- Learning CFEngine 3: Automated system administration for sites of any size
- Linux for Embedded and Real-time Applications, Third Edition
- Beginning Portable Shell Scripting From Novice to Professional
- How Linux Works: What Every Super-User Should Know
- Ubuntu Unleashed 2010 Edition: Covering 9.10 and 10.4 (5th Edition)
- Linux Networking Clearly Explained
Additional info for Beginning Ubuntu LTS Server Administration: From Novice to Professional (2nd Edition)
Mv moves files. Listing Files with ls Before you can manage files on your server, you must first know what files are there; to do that you can use the ls command. If you just use ls to show the contents of a given directory, it displays a list of files. Of course, these files have properties as well, such as a user who is the owner of the file, some permissions, and the size of the file. To list all the files along with their properties, use ls -l. See Listing 2-3 for an example. Listing 2-3.
1. From the Partition disks interface, select Manual. 2. You now see a screen like the one in Figure 1-15. In this screen, select the hard disk that you want to configure first. Figure 1-15. Select the hard disk on which you want to create partitions and volumes. 17 18 CHAPTER 1 ■ INSTALLING UBUNTU SERVER 3. Because you have just selected an entire hard disk to configure, the installation program warns you, stating that continuing will remove all existing partitions on the hard drive. If you are sure you want to do this, select Yes and press the Enter key.
For this purpose, Ubuntu offers the sudo mechanism, which is explained in detail in Chapter 5. With sudo, normal users can perform tasks that require root privileges. And it’s very simple: for every command that needs root permissions, you type sudo first. For example, whereas user root could just type passwd linda to change the password of user linda, a normal user enters sudo passwd linda. ■Note Want to work as root? Use the command sudo su, and you’ll be root. Alternatively, you can change the password of user root as well, which allows you to log in as user root directly.